Introducing 801 York Mills Condos
801 York Mills Condo is a condominium currently in pre-construction at York Mills and Leslie St, in the Don Mills/Windfields neighbourhoods in North York.
The project is made up of 3 condo towers, consisting of 21 storeys, 21 storeys, and 9 storeys. The total project size is approximately 636 units. The 21-storey towers will sit atop a 6-storey mixed-use podium, while the 9-storey standalone condo will be beside the two towers. The project is expected to have 289 one-bedroom units, 282 two-bedroom units, and 65 three-bedroom units, making up 96% of the total square footage of the condos. The remaining 4% will be utilised for commercial retail space fronting on York Mills Rd.
The project team is full of reputable names, with First Capital Realty leading the project as developer, along with Turner Fleischer Architects, Janet Rosenberg + Studio landscape architects, and Bousfields urban planners.
Much of the project details have yet to be released as it is still in the early stages, however it is known that the project’s architecture includes dark masonry, clear glazing and glass panels, with dark grey aluminum framing, balcony glazing and finally white and grey metal panelling.
About the Neighbourhood
801 York Mills Condo is in a prime location, surrounded by parks and a number of big box stores and restaurants. Convenience is at the core of 801 York Mills Condos’ premise, being across the street from York Mills Gardens, which houses Longo’s, Shoppers Drug Mart, LCBO, TD Bank, BMO, and Petro Canada, among others. Across the street and beside York Mills Gardens is another plaza, with gyms, automotive service shops, and more. On the same side of York Mills, just slightly down the road from 801 York Mills Condos is another plaza with a massive supermarket, Starbucks, Cora’s, Freshii, and more. Additionally, three of Toronto’s biggest malls are a short drive away, with CF Shops at Don Mills only 5 minutes away, CF Fairview Mall 9 minutes away, and Yorkdale Mall 15 mins away. When you live at 801 York Mills Condos, everything you need is right at your fingertips.
Whether you drive or take public transit, living at 801 York Mills Condos will make getting around Toronto a breeze. If you are a driver, you can easily jump on Hwy 401, Hwy 404, and Don Valley Parkway. If you mostly use transit, then the Eglinton LRT that is set to be complete in 2021 will make it easier to get around Toronto. The Eglinton Crosstown LRT is a massive TTC Subway expansion that is currently under construction, and will make the York Mills & Leslie area even more accessible than it already is. The new Eglinton Crosstown LRT will add 25 subway stations to the TTC, making it 60% faster to get around Toronto. One quick bus ride from 801 York Mills Condos will take you to the brand new Science Centre Station, which will connect to virtually any stop in the city. 801 York Mills Condos will truly be a convenient spot.
There are a number of parks and trails surrounding 801 York Mills Condos. Several parks are just a short stroll away, such as Longwood Park, Southwell Park, Kirkwood Park, Mossgrove Park, Ames Park, and Bond Park. You also have the option of going to larger parks, each being a 5 minute drive (or less) away! These parks include Betty Sutherland Trail Park, Windfields Park, Duncan Mill Greenbelt, Teddington Park, Edwards Gardens, and Sunnybrook Park.
If you like to golf, the Donalda Club is only a few minutes away, so you can spend your weekends on the course. On the other hand, if you’re an avid biker, there are a number of bike trails around 801 York Mills Condos, connecting to different spots of the city.
In addition to being close to shopping, 801 York Mills Condos is only a few minutes away from Leaside, with its own collection of parks and boutique shops to explore.
First Capital Realty is one of Canada’s largest developers, owners and operators of real estate, with over 160 properties in its portfolio, both retail and residential. First Capital aims to create value for residents and businesses by creating thriving neighbourhoods. Currently, First Capital Realty is also working on the massive 2150 Lakeshore Blvd W development in the Humber Bay Shores of Toronto.